It’s almost here-I can count the days–summer and baseball!
Are you up for the challenge?
The job calls for energy and enthusiasm for 70 home games. Impressive!
The Milwaukee Bucks have teamed up with Komen Southeast Wisconsin to give area bowlers an opportunity to play the game for a great cause. The annual “Bowl for the Cure Day” presented by Columbia St. Mary’s will take place on Friday, February 17, 2012 at AMF Bowlero at 11737 W Burleigh Street in Milwaukee. Visitwww.bucks.com/bowl for more info.
- Proceeds benefit Komen Southeast Wisconsin!
- 2 Sessions to choose from. AFTERNOON SESSION NOW SOLD OUT!
- $30 entry fee includes: 2 games of bowling, shoe rental, T-Shirt, gift bag, & 2 – $37 for the 2/28/12 Bucks-Wizards game.
- Bowlers are encouraged to collect at least $100 in donations. For collecting $100, you will be entered in a raffle to receive 4 Courtside Club tickets to a 2011-12 Bucks home game. (Game TBD) Plus, other great prizes!
- Silent Auction, 50/50 Raffle
- Register early – lanes fill up fast!
The LA Times Blog has an article on the myth and urban legend of one of the Georgetown Hoyas in the early days was a war time hero. This scrappy mutt/ mixed breed was sneaked over to France in WWI and was injured when exposed to German gas. He went on to sell war bonds on returning to the states. sooo urban myth is true! War Hero!